The library is commonly known to visitors as the music room.
• Chandelier is dual function - kerosene and electric. When
electric was added to the house, the ceramic insulators were
simply put next to the eyebolt at the top of the light.
• Rosettes around chandeliers are original in downstairs and not
• Shutters were used throughout the house, no fabric drapes were
• Woodwork is pine that is feathered to resemble burled walnut
• Floor is a parquet design of walnut & oak, and pine under the rug
• Edison phonograph (Victrola) of 1900 is a portable model
• First National Bank $5.00 bill signed by David A. Glenn,
• President from 1891-1914
• Bible is typical of the time (used for historical family purposes)
• David Glenn's story. Mr. Glenn owned a mercantile and helped
to establish The First National Bank, of which he was President
from the founding in 1891 until 1914. When the bank failed he
was the largest shareholder.
• Use of stenciling on the ceilings and walls.